View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 06:30 AM   #95
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs View Post
it makes me wish they had a similar system in place for RTW. could you imagine what you could accomplish if you were able to keep Senators in power that supported your family (and thus not get stuck with them hating you after you built an empire of about 20+ territories)?? heck, it might then be possible to establish the empire without an Emperor for once!!
Who knows... they might go the way of Medieval and make a 'Rome II' after this...

Quote:
still, i'm really starting to enjoy ETW. there's so much to do, and quite honestly, i'm glad they didn't load up the manual with everything the game has. they would've had to give you extra packaging so they could include the novel manual!!
The amount of stuff to do is overwhelming at first - I was afraid to do anything in case I messed things up! It's not like previous TW titles where if you're played one, you can pretty much play the others - it really has refreshed the series.

The only thing that gets me is that the manual warns against promoting Generals from the ranks - but that seems to be the only way to do it.

There's a new patch out next week, which will address some of the problems people have been having (such as the game not working properly with last weeks Nvidia drivers) - and apparently appease the Spanish fans who are rather upset about being lumped with a generic yellow for their uniforms (when Spanish uniforms of the period, and up to the Peninsular were White with red facings).

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,