View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #5114
narfblat
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiE23 View Post
Searched? Damn, that's dumb. Something to think about is that if a cop asks to search your car, you can say no. They just need a "uhhh, sure" to be allowed to look at everything. Though, if something worse happens for saying no, I don't know. Har.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBob View Post
I was also recently pulled over and searched.

The great thing is, both times I'd been pulled over, never gotten a ticket (even for the serious first one of going 20 miles over the speed limit). This time when I get pulled over, I'm with my friend, it's by an undercover cop, while coming out of the bario, and they were f***in serious about it. They searched both of us, the car, my friends backpack, everything. Then he was gonna cite me for following too closely and an unsafe lane change (I was guilty of both I guess, but I had my reasons). He lets me off with a warning on both, bullets 1 and 2 dodged. Then as he drives off, I yell in the car "HOLY S***! HE DIDN'T EVEN CARE WE WEREN'T WEARING SEATBELTS!" Bullet 3 dodged. Then I come to find out, that the insurance information in the car (which he didn't ask to see) was old and invalid, and the new valid one was at home. Bullet #4 dodged.
I think that's why allowing them to search is a good idea.

I support "No Child Left Standing"

I have Attention Surplus Disorder.
narfblat is offline   you may: quote & reply,