View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 05:09 AM   #18
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Funny, why haven't I heard of this on the news? Or on Fox? Hm.

Seeing as a possible secession should at least get a Breaking News spot, then why haven't I heard of this yet? Until I get some proof from almost every news organization on the planet, I'm thinking that this a small clause being blown by anti-Obamaites to scaremongering proportions.
Hmm? Must have been something implicit ya pulled outta there somewhaere...Though it has since been edited and I'm going off of memory, I don't seem to recall anything about secession...Oklahoma? They did it about mid 2008.

Why would it mean secession?

In all seriousness, where did you get that? --I'm trying to be as fair and objective as I can here. VM or PM me if it makes you less comfortable saying it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
The state government websites are the sources, that's kinda hard to argue as far as validity, barring all the states having their government websites hacked.
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
I'm not saying that it's not valid, but interpreting this as a sort of secessionist statement is completely ridiculous.
Again...where did that (secession thought) come from?

Quote:
All of the bills that Yar-El provided claim state sovereignty over the tenth amendment. No where does it say seceding from the Union, overthrowing the federal government, or other nonsense.
If they were planning it--do you really believe the underground for that sort of thing would t.e.l.e.c.a.s.t their plans on the internet or out in the mainstream press where everyone could see it?

........That would be kind of ...stupid.. of them, don't you think?

Quote:
The Ron Paul article is full of complete warmongering and willful ignorance.
Interesting. He opposed the war in Iraq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
noted from the original article

Even Ron doesn't think it'll go anywhere, so I don't think it's too much to worry about.
........Hmm...........

Well, this past weekend (03/6,7,8/2009), since prospects have recently picked up for me, I did a damage appraisal for a $*** heap apartment to assess because the nimrod owner (now foreclosing as a result) decided to shut off heat in the middle of winter and pipes went kaboom. Smooth move, IDIOT

The interesting relevance here? LOCAL laws there are now in accordance with international laws ...according to the condemnation paper posted there.

So at the very least, if I had to take a wild guess: national/federal laws downward are now (and have been since 2006) allowing themselves to be superseded by international laws on some levels.

I have no idea how widespread this actually is, but I don't ever remember anything ever said/asked about it on a national level of attention in 2006 or prior. It completely slipped under my radar. Not that it necessarily means anything... does it?

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,