View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #37
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Some of the more conservative elements and crazy elements of Texas would argue that point. However, I agree. Texas was given the right to divide into five smaller states, but not the right to leave the union. President Lincoln would seem to agree with you, but it could be just the beacon of the Republican Party’s liberal bias showing.
Study your history, Texas is the only state in the Union that was a country before joining the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX
Okay, only thing is, I don't that I'm being threatened by the government, and there is no reason to think so.
So attempts to take away your first and second amendment rights don't concern you, that's good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX
Sorry, but I don't see this "abusive government". Perhaps if you could supply some reason, then maybe I'd actually feel threatened and resort to violent anarchy, as you're proposing.
Let's see:

Attempts to silence criticism of the Democrats. -- Fairness Doctrine

Attempts to raise taxes on everything.

Attempts to do away with the 2nd Amendment.

Attempts to put the census under direct control of the White House which can be used to manipulate voting representation in the Legislature and the Electoral College.

That's off the top of my head.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,