View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #39
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Study your history, Texas is the only state in the Union that was a country before joining the United States.
For your information, I know my Texas history and if you would like to challenge me in a Texas history quiz for the championship, I'd be more than willing to accept you offer. I can even recite Travis letter to Sam Houston from memory. For you information I am a Texan.

You need to read the quoted statement and the reply in order to have some context into what you are replying to. Without that your reply makes no sense besides being an attempt at a put down and has nothing to do with the topic.

Groups like Texas Secede believe Texas has the right to secede from the union, but according the March 30, 1870 Act passed by Congress, Texas does NOT have that right.

May I suggest you read the link instead of attempting to bash someone for something you obliviously don’t understand.

What were the Conservatives saying to liberals, like Baldwin, when they were whinnying about President Bush being reelected? Oh yea, if you don’t like our freely elected government you can leave. The shoe on the other foot now, so if you don’t like our elected President, you have the right to leave too. That does not mean you can take your entire state with you though.

Last edited by mimartin; 03-10-2009 at 10:48 AM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,