View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #13
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Heard you the first time on McCain, but Former Travis County District Attorney Ronnie Earle is the reason Delay was forced to set down. When he was investigating the case the Republican Party was trying to portray Mr. Earle as conducting a witch hunt. There would not have been a Congressional investigation without Mr. Earle and Tom Delay would most likely still be considered along with the likes of Earl Campbell and Sam Houston a Texas legend.
Thanks for letting me know you saw it. Anyways, it's one of the reasons why I was for John McCain, because he could have taken the easy path and joined the other Republicans. Instead he acted on principle and I respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin
I have the same problem with Speaker Pelosi that I have with every other member of Congress, both Democrat and Republican for the last 25 years.
I wouldn't say all of them, but I have a problem with a fair number of them. Anyways, what has me angry is that I actually expected something like this to happen. (I would have much rather been wrong on this)
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,