View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #21
Darth Avlectus
@Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...
Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Tax and spend = Democrats

Spend and Borrow = Republicans

Like the Republican approach until I realized who we were borrowing from and who was going to have to pay the bill.
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
I'd prefer the fiscally responsible Republicans that spend responsibly and balance the budget and cut taxes.
As would I prefer--and as would the rest of us. I think most of us here would agree with the assertion of preferring responsibility form leaders. A kind of responsibility which should have been the norm...however that was conveniently forgotten about "in the interests of business" and to "promote growth to the economy".

It's a great principle, fiscal responsibility. In fact the ignoring it is my frustrations with the republican party. It does not look good when a supposedly conservative party decides to abandon their conservative principles.

The dems picked up on that and I believe such was key to their persuasion and victory in the recent election. Even if the dems really are just going to go on just as much of a spending spree.

Yes it is the free market, but with that freedom comes responsibility. I'm sorry I have to beat a dead horse. The ugly truth regardless: The 'peasants' are left footing the bill for a lack thereof every time.

Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
It what world are you talking about? What kind of deficit was ran up over the first 6 years of the Republican rule both in Congress and the White House.
A time long, long ago when republicans' "conservativism" extended out to an actual conservationist mentality--re above what I was saying about responsibility. Apparently passe nowadays. Sadly.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,