Old 03-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #21
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Tax and spend = Democrats

Spend and Borrow = Republicans

Like the Republican approach until I realized who we were borrowing from and who was going to have to pay the bill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
I'd prefer the fiscally responsible Republicans that spend responsibly and balance the budget and cut taxes.
As would I prefer--and as would the rest of us. I think most of us here would agree with the assertion of preferring responsibility form leaders. A kind of responsibility which should have been the norm...however that was conveniently forgotten about "in the interests of business" and to "promote growth to the economy".

It's a great principle, fiscal responsibility. In fact the ignoring it is my frustrations with the republican party. It does not look good when a supposedly conservative party decides to abandon their conservative principles.

The dems picked up on that and I believe such was key to their persuasion and victory in the recent election. Even if the dems really are just going to go on just as much of a spending spree.

Yes it is the free market, but with that freedom comes responsibility. I'm sorry I have to beat a dead horse. The ugly truth regardless: The 'peasants' are left footing the bill for a lack thereof every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
It what world are you talking about? What kind of deficit was ran up over the first 6 years of the Republican rule both in Congress and the White House.
A time long, long ago when republicans' "conservativism" extended out to an actual conservationist mentality--re above what I was saying about responsibility. Apparently passe nowadays. Sadly.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,