View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #21
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
It's a bit different from radio talk shows because we're not all in the same room when the recording is going on. Radio shows seem more streamlined with regards to people talking, but that's because they can give each other visual cues as to when they're able to talk. In a podcast, this isn't exactly possible, especially since all our participants live across the globe. It's something we're working on and we hope with time we'll get better at it.
Ah. Ok. Good to know.

Quote:
We do, actually. Groovy is our ringmaster and he helps guide the topics we talk about. Sometimes we'll go off tangent on certain topics, but we think that's okay because it keeps the discussion organic.
Understandably.

Quote:
If you'd like to see the generalized topic list, there will always be a thread accompanying the podcast which outlines what we talked about. (Here's the one for Episode 1, you can view all the details in the spoiler tab)
Ah. Don't mind if I do.

Quote:
If we bring up threads on the forums, it will always be in a positive light. We're not using the podcast as a pulpit to bash people, because that's not the point of the cast.
MMM- I sould certainly hope so.
Good to know.

Quote:
And as for discussing serious points, yeah we can do that sometimes, but for the most part we like to keep things light. No one is going to want to listen to something that's srs bsns all the time, after all we're not talk radio or the news.
Well, even then they have their segment. My appologies if I am making a apples 2 oranges comparison.

Quote:
Satire and sarcasm were not necessarily what we were trying to convey in the first episode, nor are they our defined objective whenever we record a podcast. We're just there to talk about video games. We're all friends, so it's easy for us to laugh at and with each other.
True enough...How about comedy in a more...generalized...sense?

Quote:
People talking is kind of the point of a podcast.
My bad.

Quote:
As I said, there's always going to be a thread to accompany each cast that gives you an outline of what we talked about. So if you're really finding it hard to keep up with us, just look there.

Thanks for the feedback!
Glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
I want to be Paulette Harvey, pauses and all.
R.I.P. Paul Harvey... Paulette Harvey, eh? Paulette's rest of the stories.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,