View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #71
True_Avery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
If Tommycat said he had a source, then Tommycat had a source, and it'd probably be a better source than the one you guys are using where the head researcher has a record of tampering with research data.
Umm, no. It means he doesn't have a source. All we have is his word that he has seen a source somewhere at some time that said such. That does not make "He has a source" fact.

For all we know, he made something up on the spot and is hiding behind a poor excuse. Is he doing that? I do not know, and I cannot judge as I do not have proof either way. Until he presents said source, what he stated has no evidence to back up and he probably shouldn't have said it in the first place if he was just going to say "i don't feel like playing the source game".

Besides, do you have any proof for or against the fact that Tommy's study may have been skewed as well? How, may I ask, do you determine the religion of every member of a countries schools and then follow their graduations, not taking in mind possible changes in faith, etc?

It is also interesting that you would back Tommy on such an argument, as you yourself have stated that any study relating to the subject isn't correct anyway.

Quote:
Your actions contradict your words, otherwise you wouldn't be using the study you are using as a reference.
Your actions contradict your words. See above.

Quote:
Again it depends on how the test was administered, there are so many different variables that can invalidate these, that the test is laughable. This is one reason why many Atheists get looked upon in a negative light. The way they come across trying to act superior to everyone else and trying to justify it, like you're doing now is extremely insulting and if the situation were reversed I'd probably be banished or facing a lawsuit.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,