View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #72
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
Umm, no. It means he doesn't have a source. All we have is his word that he has seen a source somewhere at some time that said such. That does not make "He has a source" fact.
Yeah, and I'm saying Tommycat has the reputation that if he says he has a source, then he has a source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
For all we know, he made something up on the spot and is hiding behind a poor excuse. Is he doing that? I do not know, and I cannot judge as I do not have proof either way. Until he presents said source, what he stated has no evidence to back up and he probably shouldn't have said it in the first place if he was just going to say "i don't feel like playing the source game".
In all honesty, he may have a source but even when we've used a government's own web page, people have still claimed the source is invalid. If you'll check, he provided a tertiary source, so he provided a source, which leads me to believe he's telling the truth.

Quote:
Besides, do you have any proof for or against the fact that Tommy's study may have been skewed as well? How, may I ask, do you determine the religion of every member of a countries schools and then follow their graduations, not taking in mind possible changes in faith, etc?
Key word: may

Seriously, you need more evidence than mere supposition, at least when I'm saying your source isn't a valid one, your source has a reputation of tampering with the gathered data, you have yet to present any evidence that demonstrates that fact concerning Tommycat's source.

Quote:
It is also interesting that you would back Tommy on such an argument, as you yourself have stated that any study relating to the subject isn't correct anyway.
The fact I respect Tommycat and would back him on this has nothing to do with ideology, it has to do with behavior on the part of parties involved. Tommycat just interjected into the argument in a respectful manner only to have his head bit off, his integrity challenged, etc.

Quote:
Your actions contradict your words. See above.
In a pig's eye.

Quote:
Cute, but in my personal experience it's usually the atheists that start the baiting and insults, while the religious person ignores them. Then the atheists go a step further and the religious person finally complains publically.

Case and point is the commentary that we've been seeing in the Senate Chambers.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,