View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #8
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
This isn't an "atheist vs. superstitious" issue. Its a science vs. pseudoscience issue. The key players, "Expelled" (the movie), O'Leary, et al are pseudoscientific in their approach. This isn't just my opinion but the opinion of many, many more who are actively working in science. And its the opinion of anyone who is educated in science to even a modest degree. The position of the pseudoscience proponent is one that is amoral and unethical.
Cut the bigotry SkinWalker, if atheism is a religion, I'd be calling it religious bigotry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Note also that I used the word "amoral" and not "immoral" as you do in your failed riposte. By amoral, I'm stating that they act without moral standards or principles in their anti-science efforts. Morality is a relative construct that varies depending upon the culture one is considered a member of. To be immoral within Denise O'Leary's culture, for instance, might not be the same as being immoral in your own. Apparently lying, cheating, and the like fit with her culture's morals which is why I used the more broadly appropriate term amoral since society at large frowns upon this sort of behavior.
So being against murder is unethical for instance? Seriously, your constant defaming people whom are religious is bigotry plain and simple. There are some things that atheists cannot use their views to explain anything, like how life began for instance.

And having had a death in the family recently, I find I would much prefer the religious view, than the atheist one.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,