View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 07:07 PM   #14
True_Avery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Actually there is:
Was not denying there weren't anyway. Was just saying that more blood has still been spilt over religion instead of non-belief.

Quote:
While Adolf's true religion is debatable, he based his war and genocide upon religious beliefs. I'm going to stick with him primarily being "christian" from his words and justifications, however. Feel free to prove me otherwise, however.

Quote:
Hm. You may want to re-read this article, as it does not really support your belief that atheists cause wars. It fact, it seems to be against that idea.

What the article does say, however, is that forcing atheism on the people could have horrific consequences. However, the religious have been forcing themselves on people for thousands of years and I believe the wars speak for themselves.

Quote:
You can also look at Joseph Stalin.
Unfortunately, for this I will have to direct you back at your own article:
http://newhumanist.org.uk/627

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhumanist
However, the fact that the Soviet Union was atheist is no more reason to think that atheism is necessarily evil than the fact that Hitler was a vegetarian is a reason to suppose that all vegetarians are Nazis. It is certainly an historical refutation of the idea that atheism must always be benign, but it is a very na´ve atheist who thinks that it is impossible for atheists ever to do wrong. If the Soviet Union provides some kind of refutation of atheism, then atrocities such as the crusades or inquisitions would likewise refute Christianity.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,