View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Game of life, yo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
Who said anything about a Crusade? You started this topic...

1 Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect"
Oh, I appreciate the scripture, but....

My point was that this thread was not intended to convert the masses. If I were trying to convert someone, I would have went about it a much different way. If you try to tell someone about Hell, the SECOND you mention it, 98% of the time, the person's ears cut off. Their mind shuts down and all of a sudden you are a close-minded Bible-thumper that is living in a fantasy world in their eyes, and your effectiveness goes to zero. That has been my experience anyway.

My approach is much different. People are so insecure, every single one of us. I mean, severely insecure. People want genuine love and caring, and if you show them that with actions, they will put 2 and 2 together most of the time.

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?-Matthew 7:3-5
Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

obi is offline   you may: quote & reply,