View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #25
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
Have you a source to back up this claim? I was under the impression that his inspiration for genocide was acute racism-based eugenics, and that the war was simply revenge for the Versailles Treaty.
I hope you don't mind me replying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolf_Hitler
"I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 2

"Even today I am not ashamed to say that, overpowered by stormy enthusiasm, I fell down on my knees and thanked Heaven from an overflowing heart for granting me the good fortune of being permitted to live at this time." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 5

"What we have to fight for is the necessary security for the existence and increase of our race and people, the subsistence of its children and the maintenance of our racial stock unmixed, the freedom and independence of the Fatherland; so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the Creator." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 8
In addition, this is the belt buckle worn by Nazi soldiers in WWII:

The translation is "God With Us."

Whether he ultimately used religion for selfish means or not, its clear that the views above were meaningful enough for him to include in his autobiography.

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,