Hi all. A little while ago I made a comment about posting a big list of all the cut content. Here's a start on it, followed by a list of what will be implemented by me in the forthcoming 2.0 expansion.
Original Story - spoilers for anyone who hasn't played through yet.
The main plot is essentially the same up until Coruscant. All that would be necessary of this planet is to visit the Senate and have Revan give his speech. There would be no summoning the masters in the temple bit.
You would then go to Rhen Var, realise it's a big decoy, and Coruscant would be attacked. Unlike in the released version, you would not be able to stop it however. Revan would say it's too late and that they all must go into hiding.
A year later, the Sith have conquered the entire galaxy. You would be able to visit the main planets as before, but everything would be different. Instead of Etti guards etc, you would have Sith Screamers guarding everything and willing to kill you if you cause any
trouble, and almost all citizens would be slowly starting to go like Nihlius's crew.
Revan would approach you saying that he'd had a vision, and that you have to go to Rhen Var and find some Jedi masters in a cave there. After a lot of talking in the cave, you would all form a plot to kill Kannos, take his power, and turn it in on itself. To do it, you would have to assemble the Jedi Masters by hunting each of them down.
Finding each of the ten other Jedi Masters would be the main plot of this second half of the story, and it was the original reason for the title.
Once you found each of them, you would attack certain places of Coruscant, get to Kannos, kill him and either allow Revan to sacrifice himself to end it all, or take the power for yourself.
There's few reasons I abandoned all this ;
- Time constraints. All of this would essentially double the size of the mod, and double the amount of time I would need to work on it.
- Travelling to various planets to assemble a group of hiding Jedi Masters? I think I've heard that premise before.
- They would be a bit different, but essentially you would just be playing through the same planets twice.
What I still like about doing it that way ;
- The baddies would get more of an oppotunity to be 'badder'. The True Sith don't really have much screen time in the Released version, and as such the emphasis is on Kannos as the main villain instead.
- The individual True Sith got alot more attention, specifically the D'arth Sccarr (the one who Bastila fights at the end). He was a much more layered character who the doctor gets involved with and ends up betraying the Sith to help you.
I don't know if I'll ever be able to make a list of every little intended thing which was removed. Once I'm finished version 2.0, I'll try and get down a nice long detailed list.
Now here's a list of what I'm going to be adding :
- The whole thing will be fully voiced. Gavaroc is indeed voicing Revan, and I have people for the other main characters as well.
- Dxun return. After completing your first planet, you will be able to return to Freedon Nadd for more training. This will unlock prestige classes and new Force powers.
- There will be more subquests, specifically on Coruscant, but at least one more on each planet.
- There will be three new possible apprentices. One in particular I'm making as an 'x' apprentice. You will be able to download a small patch to change them into around 20 alternatives, so people if they want can have Visas Marr or Handmaiden in it (I will be taking on requests if there are others people want).
- I willing be adding the ability to more directly affect your apprentices (alter their alignment, skills etc)
- There will be one new planet to explore (secret for now)
- The plague subplot will be resolved (orginially was cut because czerka was delibrately maunfacturing the plague and cure. I felt it was too similar to Tsig's chacter quest).
- More romance resolution.
- Limited journal entries. They won't be as in depth as Kotor2, but they'll be good for reminding you what you're supposed to be doing.
- Better game balance, new custom weapons, some new Force powers.
- Needless to say, bugs will also be resolved and typos will be fixed.