View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #33
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by obi View Post
Why do you not believe there is a God?
I have yet to discover or be presented with a compelling argument that would cause me to believe that such a being exists.

This isn't to say that I didn't have reasons which I thought were compelling, once upon a time, however since they did not hold up to even the slightest bit of scrutiny, I had no choice but to abandon them.

I find that this is the same standard/process that everyone uses to defend their lack of belief in a wide variety of propositions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi View Post
What prompted you in your personal life to believe that no creator of the universe exists?
I would like to point out that this is actually a separate question which is entirely unrelated to the first. I don't hold a belief "that no creator exists". I don't hold any belief with regards to a creator at all.

There is a huge difference between not having a belief and having a belief that something doesn't exist. Just because there is no evidence for the existence of god, does not mean that he/she/it/they do not exist. However, I don't find this to be a sound reason to accept that he/she/it/they do exist.

I hope this answers your questions. Thanks for reading.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,