View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #13
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Game of life, yo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
*ahem*

Is the argument that Dr. King would not (or even could not) have accomplished what he did without a strong belief in Jesus Christ? If not, then could you please explain what the argument is? And if so, could you please present your case for how you were able to rule every other possible influence, therefore leaving you with this conclusion?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Please be aware that I might be tempted to argue that Dr. King was also largely influenced by Gandhi, who was in turn influenced by Jainism, which coincidentally, does not hold that jesus christ is our savior as a tenet.
Well, the question is: Is it ok to judge an entire group of people based on the actions of a few belonging to that group?

I had a debate with someone the day of this thread, and their only argument against Christianity was "Hitler was a christian! That should be evident there that religion drives people nuts and makes them do horrible things!" and "Christians have NEVER done anything for society!"

So I just felt the urge to point out this huge fallacy.

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?-Matthew 7:3-5
Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

Last edited by obi; 03-30-2009 at 01:39 PM.
obi is offline   you may: quote & reply,