View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 12:24 AM   #26
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
It's about as easy to separate Christ from King as it is to separate Christ from the Gospels.
Is that what we're discussing? If not, then it seems you're introducing a strawman.

No one is arguing that Dr. King was not religious. The questions that I raised can be found back in post #12 if you would like to address them. The track you're on now appears to be addressing some other argument.

Quote:
Your "source" on Gandhi and King--lovely feel-good article by a former Indian Ambassador-turned-journalist (no bias there of course), not scholarly at all. There is no documentation for the quotes listed.
I suppose it's a good thing that I never claimed that it was then. I offered an intro to those that might not know that much about Dr. King or his influences. If I thought the conversation warranted more than that I would have done something other than Google "MLK Gandhi" and posted the first result that came back.

Quote:
Anyone who wants a _good_ history of King should look up any of the many scholarly historical books written about him, and cross-reference it with his speeches and the documents housed at the King Center, Stanford, and LBJ Library.
Indeed.

Is the argument that they wouldn't find any ties between Dr. King and Gandhi if they did? If not, then I suspect that this is yet another strawman. Please clarify.

Thanks!
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,