View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 05:07 PM   #31
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
King's the one who said it was Jesus' example that motivated him to do the great things he did. You don't believe that since you are atheist--fine for you. It doesn't negate that King said he did it to put his faith into action and be an example of Christ's love. That was his stated motivation. If you're disputing that he did it just because he's a good guy, OK, but it's not supported by the numerous documents where he states that it was his faith that gave him the courage and conviction to stay on course and continue the fight for civil rights in the midst of government surveillance and numerous death threats. I can't say 'He did great things because he was a great man' when King himself said 'I'm doing these things in the name of Christ.' He obviously didn't believe Christianity was a fairy tale. King and I'll chalk one up for Christ (though King would probably say he wasn't doing enough for Christ), you'll continue insisting it doesn't count because you don't want it to, so there's nothing more to say on that at that point.

As far as religion is concerned I don't plan on discussing it with you anymore than is absolutely necessary for the purposes of this thread. As you stated, you were banned from Kavar's. I prefer not to be the catalyst for further infractions so it's best if we leave that subject off limits as much as possible. I'm here because I love studying King and want to make sure misinformation about him isn't promulgated (and no, I am not saying anyone here is spreading misinformation).

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,