Thread: Gun-Control
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 06:15 AM   #21
True_Avery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Which would you rather have if you saw a bear comin at you. Single shot rifle, or an AK-47 with enough ammo to take him down.
Personally? If I had a full auto, I'd be too eager to spray in desperation and probably miss most of the shots due to feedback, leave myself open, then get mauled depending.

If I was going to have a gun on me in such a situation I'd have either a high caliber side arm, or a high caliber semi-automatic. A .45 or so Revolver is what I hear is the norm for such a backup weapon.

Quote:
I live in AZ. recently there have been a few home invasions. Multiple armed men. They kill the homeowners regardless of if they cooperate.
Which is indeed terrible, but it is up for speculation on how well prepared they would be for such an invasion even with the guns. They are nice around to have in concept, but when someone breaks down a door and points a gun at you there isn't a lot of time to kick open the case.

Quote:
Then of course there's the collector. though you can get the permit to have those.
Indeed, valid reason. Although, I think their ammunition and clip sizes when loaded are limited as well unless they have supervision from a Fed licensed individual or have the license themselves.

Quote:
Z-Day
Zombie Survival Guide warns against Assault Rifles because of their ability to go full auto. Best companion you could have would be a WW2 M1 Carbine, my personal favorite semi-auto rifle. That and a few side arms, but you wouldn't want to rely on them exclusively.

Quote:
WWIII
W3 will probably be fought more with nukes, but by then the general populous can no longer be called civilians!

Quote:
Graboids
Small machine gun for up close, sawn-off shotgun with a variety of different shells (HE, scatter, plug, etc), and an elephant gun. Barret .50 cal if I could get my hands on one. Or, just rely on the dynamite/remote car trick.

I'd be tempted to get an assault for Shriekers only because of the numbers, but I'd be afraid of the temptation to go full auto. Probably a pump/auto shotgun, small machine gun, and a backup Sar-21 bullpup.

And for ***blasters, back to the good ol M1 Carbine. Hell, keep one around for all 3 stages. The thing is up there with the AK-47 as one of the best guns to have ever been made for all around action.

Quote:
unforeseen reasons.
I think Graboids and Zombies are about as unforeseen as it gets :P
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,