View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #18
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Why don't you come with me...
Posts: 4,257
Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
@ thread title: :migrane:

I admire your spirit garf. I really do, however, throwing stones in a glass house isn't wise considering there are more libs here. No points off for your guts, though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
I would suggest a thread title change to "Do politicians think that they are above the law?"
QFE.

Damn...you are a pretty reasonable guy, Q. You know that?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Generally if it was a Republican not paying their taxes the mainstream media would be calling for their head.



Do you have something aside from the leftwing conspiracy theories that Rove was responsible for everything that is wrong in the world today... The only accusations about Rove doing things illegal came from DNC smear merchants thus far, granted I don't particularly care for some of the stunts Rove pulled, but as far as I know he didn't do anything illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Kaine View Post
You keep saying this, or variations of it, but i've yet to discover what it actually means.
I'm more responding to this in general:
Basically, the way things are with the media is that politicians on the right *do* tend to get ridiculed more for the exact same crime than politicians on the left. In all 'fairness' (pun intended) it depends on the source. Since the left holds the landslide field advantage in the country (at least on TV, anyways), it is prone this way.

I.E. Clinton and Lewinsky went over lightly with the news companies and lasted a relatively short duration in the headlines compared to what it would have been if that had been Bush and Lewinsky. It would have lastewd ad nauseum for months.

I suspect you know this (or something like it), though.

I considered in highschool going into media broadcasting, and actually you do get lessons in how to "shape your research" so that you "convey your expertly crafted message with your unique perspective". Why did I turn away? ...Something about how most people in media (period) "smell" in a certain sense of the term. Not kosher, to say the least.

That and I watched how perfectly normal friends in near grades ahead of me went off to film school, then came back as cocaine addicted messes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlib View Post
QFE.

It's a bipartisan problem.

And each side will always see the media as ignoring the worst outrages of their opponents.
Regardless how slanted for or against their side it actually is. However, I thought research was inherently biased by virtue that it takes a side of an issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
*Brevity*==>

What I did, admittedly, was begin with a conclusion that republicans/conservatives are dicks and tailored a google search just for that. I started with a pre-conceived conclusion and only sought that data which are supportive, which I displayed here. The truth is, politicians -in general- are dicks.
Well even if I disagree with your politics, I do applaud your eventual frankness.
<snip>
Quote:
So the real question is, why do democrats and republicans / liberals and conservatives only notice the wrong-doings of their counter-parts? Why are voters and would-be pundits so willing to overlook the indecency, immorality, and irrationality of the the party they're more likely to vote for?
No humility. I mean, come on--politics is points of view. It's all about the blame game. However, I don't "blame" anyone for calling it what it is: BULL****. (--In fact I encourage it! ) It often times muddies-up/waters-down what I believe to be true American ideals.

<sigh> What many could stand to benefit learning a few Shaolin principles. But I'm dreaming.

Quote:
This is an illogical and irrational way to manage the government that is under the power of the people, but the answer, in my opinion, is that many (if not most) people lack critical thinking skills.
Many (if not most) on all sides, and I'll agree with you on that.


We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,