Thread: Gun-Control
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 06:58 AM   #36
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Well, here's my question. With >200 million guns in civilian hands in the US, why are the # of fatalities so low? If gun ownership presents such a moral quandry and apparent threat to society's welfare, then why are far more people killed in car accidents in a year than gun accidents, let alone crimes over the course of several? Should the govt also take away our automobiles? Why not just force people to rely on mass transit and then force everyone to pony up the money to finance such a system? Fact is, most gun owners in America are responsible. If I wish to purchase a 50cal machinegun and practice firing it and don't have a criminal record or history of mental illness or even poor eyesight, what business is it of your's? The whole idea of the second amendment was to keep our "ruling class" in check. Given the direction politicians have been drifting in over the last 1/2 century, I'd say the 2nd Amendment was pretty impressively and damned prescient.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,