View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #46
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Current Game: Dragon Age II
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Master Kavar folded his hands in front of him in consternation. "Knight Nevar," he began, "I have felt a disturbance in the Force, a far more serious one than I have ever felt. It is as if there is a vortex surrounding a dark presence, perhaps a member of the Sith Order. This...vortex, if you will, seems to be devouring all that surrounds it, all it encounters. Perhaps your anger, now undirected and unfocused, will dissipate as you search for it." He sighed. "If you will accept a mission that could possibly prove suicidal, I would like you to serve on a strike team to venture into into the Outer Rim and find it."

He gazed at his student unwaveringly. "You may decline if you wish. One of the core tenets of the Jedi Order is that we send no one into danger if it is not of their own free will. Make your decision carefully, Sam. I shall wait."

Vtorym was becoming angry at Master Vrook, at his treatment of the barely-conscious Sev but also at his treatment of her, of all his other Padawans.

"I can't believe you missed the signs," snapped Vtorym. "Sev needs help, and I can't help him. It takes a Master to counteract this kind of pain that I sense through the Force in relation to him. Now, either you get down beside him and see what's wrong, or I'll call for Master Kavar or one of the others."

"Do you get to give orders around here?" answered Vrook. "No. You are naught but a Jedi Knight, and I a Master. Very well, I will help Sev, but in my opinion he's always been a bit of a hypochondriac. As for you, Knight V'stalt, I was going to ask you to serve on a strike team to go into the Outer Rim and locate the dark disturbance in the Force, but now I've changed my mind."

The Echani maiden stared at him coldly. "The one I've sensed is different."

Vrook perked up his eyebrows. "What? The one you have sensed, Vtorym?"

"I see her in my dreams," the Knight replied. "She says she can save us all."
Tysyacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,