View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #16
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
Ultimately, its all about passing DNA on.
<snip>
Or, at least, its my educated opinion.
Well, I hope that your wife shares your opinion, or at the very least is not a member here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Well, except for the whole "unable to establish any of this as being something other than your 2 cents" thing. Your whole point is based on your opinion and while I would never begrudge you your opinion, that doesn't mean that I have to find it persuasive.

Main Entry: love
Pronunciation: \ˈləv\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lufu; akin to Old High German luba love, Old English lēof dear, Latin lubēre, libēre to please
Date: before 12th century

1 a (1): strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child> (2): attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3): affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates> b: an assurance of love <give her my love>

2: warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of the sea>

<snip>

4 a: unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another <snip>

<snip>

6: an amorous episode : love affair

7: the sexual embrace : copulation
Apparently my "opinion" somehow found its way into the dictionary. Yes, it may be only one definition, but once you wash away all of the semantic BS you'll find that it's the only definition.

And I didn't even need to consult a dictionary to know it.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,