View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #82
True_Avery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
You insult their faith and compare people in their religious texts to Hitler, and they don't have the right to be insulted. And I'm not saying they'd just file a complaint, I'm saying they'd probably sue Lucasforums and/or the server that hosts Lucasforums.
No.

Also, what does "don't have the right to be insulted" even mean? I'll call them anything I want anytime I want and if they have a problem with it... oh well!

Even if they did, they have no case. Go blow hot air somewhere else.

Quote:
It's more likely than you realize, because the Israelites did have a written language during the time of King David, the book of Kings.
You don't address the point.

Just because it was written does not mean it is true. Its like someone uncovering a Harry Potter book in a thousand years and claiming it to be true; just because Harry has a name and a story about him does not mean he ever existed.

Quote:
I've seen another place get sued for something like this, (didn't have to do with religion in that case, but it's certainly similar) whether or not they'd win is anyone's guess but I guarentee you if Newsweek had made a commentary like what you have about the Jewish Faith they'd be looking at a lawsuit, and it could end up that this place ends up getting sued.
Umm, no. This is the internet. More specifically, a forum.

And I don't know if you are threatening us or not, but I could care less what would happen to Newsweek as this is a public forum, and the speech rules are made by those in charge. Your comparison means nothing.

Quote:
You know at this point if someone from an online Jewish community saw this, they'd go ballistic, they take stuff like anti-sematism very seriously.

I'm being serious here, comments comparing Moses or King David to Hitler is rather inflamatory and not a laughing matter. Quite frankly, it could get the administrators of Lucasforums sued. Cause Hitler used all these trumped up claims to persecute Jews and do his best to exterminate them. So they have every reason to take something like this as an attempt to justify another Holocaust.
Moses and David were the Hitler's of their day, and Hitler used the Bible to justify the killing of Jews.

*waits*

Nope, not sued yet. I can make the word "Hitler" bigger and bolder if you'd like.

Go ahead and report us to these so called communities if you must, but drop the BS and threats. Its spam.

Last edited by True_Avery; 04-13-2009 at 05:19 PM.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,