View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #90
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
In this case they do because at least in the United States they are a minority, then you throw in the Holocaust and it could be argued that there is an attempt to incite hate crimes against Jewish people here.
Complete and utter poppycock. You might actually consider educating yourself on the legal definition of "hate-crime."

Quote:
You people compare figures from their religious texts to the monster that tried to exterminate all of them, and you're saying they shouldn't feel as though you're insulting them putting it mildly?!?!
Hmmm... figures in the bible are mythical to begin with. So "insulting" them is about like insulting Paul Bunyon and the followers of Babe. But, if the characters in the bible were real, they would indeed be "monsters" comparable to Hitler.

Quote:
"And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain." (Deuteronomy 2:34)

"And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Hesbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. But all the cattle, and the spoil of the cities we took for a prey to ourselves." (Deuteronomy 3:6-7)

"And they utterly destroyed all that [was] in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword." (Joshua 6:21)

"Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword." (Deuteronomy 13:15)

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." (I Samuel 15:2-3)

"And he brought forth the people that were therein, and put them under saws, and under harrows of iron, and under the axes of iron, and made them pass through the brickkiln: and thus did he unto all the cities of the children of Ammon. So David and all the people returned unto Jerusalem." (II Samuel 12:31)

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." (Numbers 31:16-18)

"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." (Isaiah 13:15-16)
This is but a few of the atrocities, mass murder, and genocide documented in the bible. Luckily, its probably all myth and legend anyway, but all myths and legends have some basis in truth (or so it seems). If Moses, David, Joshua, et al. were real, the above is evidence that they are every bit as "monstrous" as Hitler if not more.

Quote:
Actually, considering parts of the Old Testament were written in the time period in which they are referring to (such as the Book of Kings), it's highly likely that King David existed.
Which parts and what evidence do you have to show this? Just out of curiosity, are you aware of the oldest dated Jewish text? Jewish mythology is no different than any other in that it evolves and changes with the zeitgeist of the moment. The priestly cast and religious elites in control of oral traditions and religious documents lie and cheat like any other human being. They change details to fit the story as they want it told. Plain and simple.

Quote:
There is further evidence due to the Temple Mound, that his son Solomon also was a real person. Remember, I earlier pointed out that they had a written language during that time-period.
I don't know where I'd be without you pointing out they had "written language." (Tip: thats actually call script). Evidence of temples and personalities hardly qualifies all the supernatural and magical mumbo-jumbo of biblical mythology. Any more than the existence of Nantucket or even the fact that there really was a German ship called Jungfrau in the period Melville wrote Moby Dick proves that Ahab had a love-hate relationship with an ocean-born mammal.

Quote:
it would give Lucas Arts a black-eye from a publicity standpoint.
Doubtful. We've had many intense debates about religious superstition in this very forum in the past. You being a newcomer, these wouldn't be in your memory, but there were no attorneys knocking at the door. None are that idiotic.

Quote:
I'm not making threats, I'm pointing out that if a Jewish person wandered into this thread, this place could end up being sued.
You're trying to make a threat. What you're trying to do is bully and intimidate (the way the superstitious are good at doing when they object to anyone criticizing or questioning their superstitions) to get people to just shut up. Moreover, you're being hypocritical. You don't mind harshly criticizing liberals and democrats or even your own president, but as soon as someone does the same to a superstition you hold, you object. Sorry, pal, it doesn't work that way. All human endeavors are open to critique, criticism, inquiry, and question.

Quote:
Again, you post highly inflammatory commentary here, it wouldn't be you necessarily that would be sued, it would be the admin team. I'm not Jewish so I couldn't make the lawsuit, but I imagine there are a few members here that are, and I'm advising that you stop before this place ends up in a lot of trouble.
My comparison and critique was both fair and accurate. I used the biblical mythology to make a genuine and legitimate point: Hitler was likely imitating the Christian role models he was raised to believe, namely Moses, David, Joshua et al. These mythical characters committed atrocities (according to the myths) that were mirrored in Hitler's actions. If they were genuine motivations and inspirations for Hitler's democides, then it can be deduced that Hitler believed these mythical characters to be real. If this is the case, then we can conclude that it is very likely that Hitler was a Christian.

Quote:
I'm not threatening, I'm informing that the comments being made by SkinWalker and yourself are way out of line.
Only in your uninformed opinion.

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,