View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
Start a new thread with your assertions that Jesus Christ, as depicted in the bible, actually existed and what evidence you have to support that assertion, and I'll show you where your flaws are.
I never said he was actually how the Bible depicted him, I only said the man existed. And I accept your challenge and the idea it is between myself and you.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=197105

Oh and Archeological Evidence seems to refute you on another assertion.

Quote:
An inscription found at Tel Dan dated c.850-835 BC, as well as the Mesha Stele from Moab have been interpreted as containing the phrase 'House of David' (ביתדוד). Kenneth Kitchen has proposed that an inscription of c. 945 BC by the Egyptian Pharaoh Shoshenq I mentions "the highlands of David," but this has not been widely accepted.[22] "If the reading of בית דוד [House of David] on the Tel Dan stele is correct, ... then we have solid evidence that a 9th-century BC Aramean king considered the founder of the Judean dynasty to be somebody named דוד" (David).[23]

The Tel Dan stele is largely accepted as supporting the historical existence of a Judean royal dynasty tracing its descent from an individual named David[24].
--wikipedia.org

Seems there is evidence to suggest that King David may have existed too.

Last edited by GarfieldJL; 04-14-2009 at 03:11 PM.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,