View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 01:57 AM   #315
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
*SPOILER WARNING*

I have a few mods and fixes I would like to share. It's nothing major, but I think they improve the game without adding things that would appear out of place.

1. Closed Fist Dawn Star + Silk Fox: This mod makes sure that if you convince both DS and SF to turn to the Dark Side, they will not turn on you if you recruit Death's Hand or/and poison the Water Dragon. As it stands right now, Dawn Star would always betray you if you romanced her together with Silk Fox, which made absolutely no sense to me; thus I created a mod to fix that. Now, she (or Silk Fox) will only turn on you if you didn't manage to turn her away from the path of harmony.

Issues: The only issue with this mod is that you will not be presented with description of what became of Dawn Star after the death of Li and the Water Dragon because the game assumes she is dead. I'm not exactly sure how to fix that, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Note that this bug doesn't happen if you don't consume WD's spirit but still enslave Death's Hand.

Screenshots:

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

2. Silk Fox Without Face Covering During Conversations: With this mod installed, Silk Fox will remove her face-covering when engaged in conversation and put it back on when it terminates. There is no animation for this, but that isn't a problem; you never get to see her covering disappearing in the middle of the conversation, so you can just assume she takes it off before she starts talking and then puts it back on immediately after she stops.

Issues: None that I know of. This mod is only active during chapter 3 (in chapter 2, she will always wear her covering), so it shouldn't cause any problems in the latter chapters in which she doesn't wear any covering at all.

Screenshots:

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

3. Black Whirlwind Arena Fix: There is a bug in the game that prevents you from asking BW about the arena after you defeat Lucky Cho. This mod aims to fix that. You can now ask him about the arena throughout the whole chapter 3; he has something new to say after Lucky Cho's defeat, when he learns the truth about his brother, and when you become an arena champion.

Issues: None, this mod fixes issues.

Screenshot:

Show spoiler

4. Greater Music Track Variety: Some music tracks are reused way too often, while some are not used at all. Installing this mod will fix that.

Issues: Hopefully none. I've made sure the music fits the areas, so you don't have to worry about things appearing out of place.

5. Party Members with More HP: This very simple mod (that took me quite a while to make ) will give your party members more hit points, which basically means they will not die nearly as often as they do now. They will not be dealing any more damage, so no need to worry about unbalancing the game.

Issues: none.

Installation: just copy everything from the mod folders and paste it into your override folder.

Download the mods

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 04-18-2009 at 03:10 AM.
SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,