View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #19
Web Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Just out of curiosity, are you referring to HAARP by any chance? I've heard/read some pretty wacky **** in this area. I might be able to elaborate to a point on this--but ultimately it may still only be speculative. PLus it all goes back to Nikola Tesla. Igyman is probably better infromed than I in that area.
No, I think HAARP is mostly conspiracy-theory BS. I'm not talking about anything we have now, just speculating on the concept of future-tech which could do those things.

Quote:
Though plausible sounding...I'm afraid I'll have to agree with igyman. Weather control still sounds too far fetched.
Which is the same thing everyone thought of every major technological advancement in history.

Quote:
Are you suggesting bio-eugenics, or naturally strengthening ourselves against disease?
Both I suppose. But I'm generally talking about genetic manipulation to improve resistances, not drinking more Ginko.

Quote:
Perhaps, but cybernetics would have to have advanced pretty far by that point. Much further than the crude stages of present.
Well yes, but it's not like we're going to have a nuclear war tomorrow, so as long as we're speculating about the future, I'll speculate about the future.

Quote:
Though its plot is over simplified, this virus biz sounds awful similar to the Mega Man X series.
Never played/seen em.

Quote:
The cybernetic enhancements also vaguely reminds me of Armitage, Terminator, Ghost in the Shell, X-Men, and god knows what else that also hint at such things. I am trying to keep serious with you here, however it is hard when what you say is speculation at best colored by popular sci-fi. If you have ideas, I would very much like to hear them. I won't deny they might be a possibility, but without some kind of benchmark or barometer I can't really say how likely any of that really is.
Any and or all of them could be applied. I'm sorry if pop-scifi beat me to the punch, but most of their ideas come from writers and thinkers before them. The concept that humans may built robots that replace them or become robots is hardly a new concept and how likely it is is rather irrelevant. We're all just playing the guessing game at what's going to be the end of us, so if we're gonna talk about what'll be the end of us "down the line" we might as well discuss what could prevent it.

The Japanese already have cybernetics to assist people who are paraplegic, sure they're only on the outside, but give it some time and they might just cut the legs off and replace them.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,