Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 08:30 PM   #137
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Under that rational letís outlaw marriage altogether, because there is no rational reason to deny polygamy now.
You basically got the point. I'm not worried about anyone turning polygamist, hetero or homo. This whole thread really boils down to a question of fairness in the eyes of some people. Shouldn't homosexuals have the right to marry other homosexuals? However, current law does grant heteros and homos the same right.....to marry someone of the opposite sex. It may seem harsh to some, but it's not unfair. When the question becomes why can't same marry same, it continues to beg other questions, regardless of how some people feel about that fact. And keep in mind.....nowhere do I talk about a slippery slop to pedophilia (doesn't involve consenting adults), that's merely the irrational and hysterical jump made by some of those arguing with me. So, even if you want to argue that the "decent" thing to do is to change the law to reflect contemporary progressive ideas, nobody is getting preferential treatment insofar as the current law is concerned.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,