View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 04:26 AM   #35
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
One of the things that is a shame is that a lot of people don't realize how role playing games work -- meaning it's about choices and the outcome of the choices that can determine what happened in the first KOTOR game. I guess people forgot there were two endings in the first game and the second one needs to have the outcome of the first game decided early on to determine who is going to be in the game.

Here is a video of Darth Revan as a female who embraced the dark side and Carth falls in love with her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXz27HkrCKo

So Carth dies in that version. Even though a lot of people thought this scene was a restored content mod which it isn't, here are some of the comments that some people have made that give you the idea that people don't understand that these games are about choices and it's choices *you* make and that they affect outcomes of both games:

Quote:
"Carth couldn't of died though. He needs to be alive for KOTOR2 :3
"

"Really? Well he's in KOTOR2 so he should be alive."

"But I met carth in the second one.."

"wait what? carth can't die in this one he was in the second one, for a few scenes"

"But Carth is alive in Kotor2"

"wait up.. i swear i saw the Disciple talking to Carth on a hologram in KotOR 2..."
The part where I'm confused is that they actually made the choice to say that Revan was on the light side, which means they had to move their choice when talking to Atton. I just don't understand how they didn't understand that they were making a choice on how the first KOTOR game ended. Comprehension skills are desperately needed!

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,