View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #15
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Fuel cell vehicles: Well in their defense, they can run on petrochemicals(aka gasoline) while the transition to hydrogen is in progress. When hydrogen is more readily available then they can switch them to pure hydrogen fuel cell. I wouldn't say it's neutral to failed. I would put it as "Unknown" at this point. Since we haven't developed it fully yet. Where we're at right now is the equivalent of the first IC engine. Actually probably more like the first steam engine(since the IC engine is somewhat based on the steam engine). It's more of a novelty at this point, but could produce something very effective.
But the way a fuel cell is applied is its electrical power output. That output is for electric cars. Batteries and capacitors are cheaper, more readily available and needless to say quite perfected comparatively.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be contrary here.

Unless you were talking about applying the chemical process of a fuel cell some other way. In which case I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about...

Quote:
biodiesel: in warm climates this is more viable, however as anyone who's driven a diesel up north can attest... congealing becomes a problem. Biodiesel congeals more readily than normal diesel. But yes, running diesels on biodiesel would be preferable to chucking it out.
Well, I guess it's time to use better thinning methods and improve upon filtering methods.

Refine it.

Quote:
recycling energy to recharge batteries: GM actually has that in the Volt, and their concept for the "Skateboard" FCV. I believe most of the hybrids do as well.... not sure on that. But basically it is because the force to recharge batteries creates a great deal of drag on the car. They use it to aid in braking.
Hey, time will only tell.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,