Thread: Sheriff Joe
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 01:36 AM   #38
True_Avery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA
In Reno NV a vet got pissed off that a mexican restaurant flew their mexican flag over ours. So he took it down, kept the US flag and shredded and cut the Mexico flag. I don't blame him. He fought for this country. Not only is it contempt and insult to the country, it's illegal to do.
Well, one it is ironic that a vet who fought for free speech was insulted at an expression of free speech...

Two, kind of a douche for pulling down someone's property and destroying it.

Three, again ironic that he's stopping expression even though he fought for it...

Four, how outside of a political cartoon is it insulting?

And five:
Quote:
(c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations.
What an absolutely appalling law to have, and frankly I'm insulted that we consider ourselves that highly as a country and would actually make something like putting one flag over another a crime like this was some kind of political cartoon.

What a joke.

I see what you're saying though. But, ask yourself this: If he truly thought Mexico was an amazing place to be... why was he in Reno? His actions speak louder than his expression.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,