View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #45
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
I was not referring to the stations; I was referring to the facilities that would have to produce the hydrogen and how it would be distributed throughout regions. Hydrogen is a gas at room temperature and needs to be pressurized. That's not remotely close to gasoline storage and transportation demands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke View Post
Yes you can call it viable, it is called a prototype and they normally come in unique units or small runs of units. And I believe I answered this before, to you in your other thread full of misinformation about hydrogen... like your posts here in this thread.

Sorry folks, we in the program have heard your types of statements countless times, it is amazing how much effort the ones who stand to lose will spend to keep their strangle-hold on their monopolies. Mark well the source of your information, and who pays their bills.
How expensive would it be for the various production facilities, pipelines, stations, additional power plants, and vehicle repair facilities? There is a very significant difference between gasoline and hydrogen/powered cars and it would require specialized training where a split-cycle engine upgrade follows the same principles as the four-cycle design. The simpler one can make a technology or system, the less likely there would be complications. Where would Redhawke have gone if he theoretically owned his vehicle and it broke down? If there weren't many hydrogen vehicles on the road, finding a mechanic would have been difficult to find.

Prototype, huh? So how much did that hydrogen fuel cost you? Let me guess... you either spent big, or you paid an artificially-generated price. I would be greatly interested in knowing the details that you haven't mentioned before about your evaluation of the vehicle you tested.

How much was the fuel? What was the fuel rating per gallon of hydrogen? How many vehicles could that one station with the non-emissive power source provide for daily? How much were the solar panels that powered that station? How much energy was lost in the hydrolysis process and how much did you get from the fuel cell on your vehicle? Little details like this would be easier for you to answer than me, but anything like this that you could also add would be appreciated. Hydrogen may be more realistic for the future than gasoline, but for it to be viable, it must first be economic.

Last edited by Darth_Yuthura; 05-01-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,