View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #45
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Voyager. Janeway is my favorite captain. She doesn't go off into a philosophical speech every five minutes like Picard, she's not ruled by her temper like Archer, she can accept the death of a security guard (unlike Kirk), and she doesn't start crying every other episode like Sisko. And, on top of that, she manages to balance the Prime Directive and helping aliens very well. Besides having Janeway, Voyager has Seven of Nine, the Doctor, and the Borg.

TNG is a close second, if for no other reason than Data.

Enterprise and TOS are on the same level. I'll watch the originals for a good laugh, and Enterprise when I just want to be annoyed.

DS9 was an okay series for a little while after the first season, but the character were really...static. Whenever Kira stopped hating the Cardassians as much, she went full reverse a few episodes later. Sisko never really got over his wife dying, and I swear, if he went on a search for 'The Prophets' once more--! Sheesh! Odo was pretty good for a while, but then he went and got evil for a few episodes, which ruined everything I liked about him. Jadzia was great--she was what kept me watching the series--but then that whole thing with Dukat happened, and that ruined everything. Jake was okay at first, but as he got older, he turned into a lazy bum. Nog was annoying. Quark was annoying. Don't even get me started on Bashir. The Dominion never really struck me as a great threat. The ending to the series was lame (worse than Enterprise's, IMO. The only good thing about it was that it ended the series).

But, yea. I voted for Voyager.

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,