View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:19 AM   #12
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Well this is just great... a topic on religion we all agree on. Guess that means the world is going to end soon.

A teacher in a public school should neither raise up nor degrade religion in the classroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
*world ends*

_EW_

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipperthefrog View Post
I am amazed to see that we are willing to recognize that what that teacher did was wrong, even though that teacher shares some of our point of view on religion.
Well, sharing a pov is one thing, stepping over clearly drawn lines of respect, and I dresay professionality, is quite another. Those bounds are there for the very reason of avoiding stuff like this from happening in the first place, no?

Quote:
If it had been a religious teacher spouting religious dogma, would religious fundamentalists think that was wrong?
I would not think so, but even fundamentalists are human...anyone who can make mistakes and be wrong. So there is a... chance to the contrary.
Would it really matter in a public school? There are guidelines to be adhered to. Teachers are expected to follow them. They don't and this is what happens.
If it intrigues you...why not find out more?

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,