View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 04:42 AM   #44
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Yeah, like the Cayman Islands, only with jack-booted, goose-stepping police that set up road blocks just to shine a flashlight in your eyes, check for licenses, smell your breath and then let the dope dog sniff and take a leak on your car. We do have beaches, though.

Most states have their own sales tax and income tax. Some is reasonable, but IIRC, CA's is pretty brutal, and I think that Newegg's got at least one warehouse there and Fry's has stores there. It's weird the way it works. If the business that you're buying from has an establishment in your state, then you have to pay sales tax, but if it doesn't, you don't. Here in VA it's a give-and-take. I don't have to pay sales tax on anything from places like Fry's, but I also miss out on all of their in-store only deals, which are often more outrageous than the ones online, like when CPU lines go EOL and they put them on clearance.

It's going to add hundred's of dollars to Avery's bottom line. I'm going to have to figure out a way around that.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 05-07-2009 at 06:15 AM. Reason: spelling
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,