View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #155
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Those are some amazing prices Q. You are definitely a bargain hunting master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
I've heard good reports about the Asus.

But as you can guess Char, If I was going to commit to corei7, I'd go for the Shuttle SX58H7 in a snap

mtfbwya
Good to know. To me it's a toss up between these two. As far as h/w choice goes, I already have a case and 80+ Bronze PSU that I don't feel like sidelining. Still waiting for Shuttle to come out with an AM3 model so I can use it to try my hand at running a media center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs View Post
Core i7??? a bit too overpriced and slightly overhyped, IMHO. is there any hope in me convincing you to go with a high end Core 2 Quad or a Phenom II??
Considering I'm currently using a Pentium 4 and am on a 4-5 year upgrade cycle, probably not. Besides, I do want the multi-threading horsepower for video editing. The Pentium 4 just isn't making it happen. And I'd rather go with the integrated memory controller solution than Core 2 Quad FSB. As for Phenom II, its performance really doesn't match up to Core i7. That being said, I'm trying to hold out for a price drop so I can buy a Core i7 920 for $250 or less. Not sure how much longer I'll manage to wait though.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,