View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #44
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142 View Post
Even if it doesn't to you, I'm still not seeing a reason why we shouldn't reduce emissions anyway? The planet might be cool with all the **** we spew in to the air, but I don't think our own lungs are.
Read my earlier responses. We do enough crap to the planet as it is. Hell anyone who's gone fishing in a lake and caught the trash thrown in it, or the sheer volume of just flat out crappy air. I mean you fly into an airport and see the dingy yellow air. Absolutely I'm for cleaning up the air for better quality of life. I'm all for cleaning up the environment. I am not for this global warming scare tactic which is equivalent to the anti weed campaigns where they used exaggerations to convince people that they were doing wrong.

Nowhere am I claiming we shouldn't clean up our planet. Just that the global warming scare is not where we should be devoting our attention.

Interestingly enough one of the scientists that happens to agree with that sentiment is Lindzen
http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lindzen
But there is a more sinister side to this feeding frenzy. Scientists who dissent from the alarmism have seen their grant funds disappear, their work derided, and themselves libeled as industry stooges, scientific hacks or worse. Consequently, lies about climate change gain credence even when they fly in the face of the science that supposedly is their basis.
But wait... didn't someone use him as a source FOR global warming?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Tommycat; 05-26-2009 at 01:33 AM. Reason: darn citations.
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,