View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 12:34 AM   #57
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobahn Eagle View Post
Nothing in this quote shoots down anything of what I've said. The most outlandish claims are bizarre, and can't happen. Things such as Al Gore's nightmare scenario in which all ice on Greenland melts (real science tells us this may happen in... 3000 years). Things like all life on Earth dying out as all the methane trapped in oceans escapes.

This says nothing, however, about increased hurricane strenghts, more frequent landslides, killer heat waves like the 2005 specimen that killed 3000 in France, melting permafrost toppling forests and damaging houses, and other real scenarios that are already unfolding around us.

Also, it certainly says absolutely nothing about whether AGW is real or manmade.
Yeah, this says nothing about AGW
Quote:
nor establish man's responsibility for the small amount of warming that has occurred.
If you want, I can find a meteorologist's take on the increased hurricane strengths...How about a HURRICANE EXPERT!

Quote:
Gray isn’t shy about events leading up to his memo last year. He says he “went out strong” against scientists who have linked increased hurricane activity to global warming, “and they came back and raised hell about me.” He blasted the scientific establishment, including Nature, for succumbing to dogma and went on to suggest that former Vice President Al Gore is “brainwashing our kids.”

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,