View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #371
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Right, I am progressing right along with my first playthrough of this mod. I will now make the first part of my review.

The Good
1) You made a **** conversion mod!!! The scope of this project and the fact that you have done as much as you have is simply amazing.
2) Main Storyline - This was well conceived as far as I've gone. The
spoiler:
True Sith
are definitely interesting.
3)
spoiler:
Mysterious Droid - So far the best character I have encountered. Very well done.

4)
spoiler:
The Eagle - While it does need some more work, I think that this ship outdoes the Ebon Hawk in many ways. For one thing, you have a far bigger ship and more of a crew. It'd be cool if you could hire more crew on planets like Etti IV.

The Bad (forgive me, but this might be quite long)
1) Lack of Journal Entries - This drives me a bit insane. Sometimes I forget what quest I'm on or what has happened, and I don't have any journal entries to help me remember what I've done. From what I can tell and correct me if I'm wrong, you haven't touched stuff like the .2da and .jrnl files. I hope that you can redo this mod eventually with .jrnl entries, it'd really boost the game quality.
2) Bare bones universe - Unfortunately, the in-game universe you have everything take place in lacks dynamic. This is most likely due to the amount of work it would take to fill up all of those modules with unique characters, but it does wound the game play.
3) Reused modules - In some cases like
spoiler:
the Eagle
, this is not a problem. However, other places are just far too empty or don't fit what the game says they are supposed to be.
4) Movies - When you said these would suck on high resolution, boy you weren't kidding. Hopefully something can be done about this.
5) PC - To be frank, my character has no character. All I know about myself is that
spoiler:
I'm a Doctor and I have an assistant who worked at Czerka.
This was part of the major problem of K1's storyline, but was fixed in TSL when they made it more into a personal epic rather than dashing hero overcomes great odds to save romantic interest and defeat evil overlord. Here it is more of random guy with PHD gathers a bunch of people to find a dashing hero who will then overcome great odds to save romantic interest and defeat evil overlords with the help of the random guy.
6) VOs - You already know this, so I won't harp on it.

So weighing everything so far, without finishing this mod, I'd give it a 7/10 with definite room for improvement. The fact that you completed this is awesome in its own right, but it does still feel like a WIP. I'll keep playing of course, but I do look forward not necessarily to the 2.0 but a 3.0 since I think by then you'll have solved most of this mod's problems.

Cheers,

Lord of Hunger

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: