View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #27
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAwesome View Post
People who really have problems with politically correctness usually do so because they feel they're being restricted from expressing their own prejudices against a certain group of people. It is not okay to call someone a n*gger or say that all muslims are terrorists. You have the freedom to say it but that won't stop me from putting you in your place. Those are just two examples of real prejudism. What we have to do is distinguish that from just joking around. The Transformers thing was innocent and even kinda corny. It's an outdated stereotype and I see no reason why people should be up in arms over that.
I'm not sure if you're implying that I'm prejudiced in some way or not...I stand by my statement that the United States has become overly sensitive, and frankly ought to lighten up. The divide between joking and real hate/racism/prejudice which you refer to seems to be virtually nonexistent in this country.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,