View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
sladerlmc77
Lurker

Problem Launching Tales of Monkey Island

I'm hoping that I'm not the only one having this problem - here's the situation:

I downloaded and installed the game last night - it did install some of the components of Directx.

I'm running a Vista (32-bit) laptop.

After the game was installed, I gave it my credentials and began to play.

I actually played several times last night, enjoying myself until it was time to go to bed.

This morning, I tried to launch the game again.

The game launched, and the "Tales of Monkey Island - Avast!" screen appeared - as the game began switching resolution, it crashed out to the Desktop with the Vista message "Monkey101.exe has caused a problem and was closed."

I tried relaunching the game several times, and got the same result each time.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, to no apparent effect.

The game did launch succesfully once - there appeared to be a slight graphical glitch with the voodoo effect on Guybrushes' hand. This led me to believe that this may be an issue with Directx, but I wasn't sure.

The other possibility that ocurred to me is that I know that Telltales software does have some DRM built in, and this morning Telltales site appears to be down again.

I thought the software only phoned home once, though? The Sam and Max games ran fine when I tried to run them.

Has anybody else run into this issue, and if so has anybody found a fix, or have a theory about what's causing it?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Lorn
sladerlmc77 is offline   you may: quote & reply,