The installer that comes with JK is not needed. Just follow the steps below. Except for one step, all files are copied from the first CD.
1. Create a folder to place the game files. The default with the installer is C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Jedi Knight
2. Copy both files from the gamedata\exe
folder to the folder created in step 1.
3. Copy the controls, episode,
folders (in gamedata
folder) to the folder created in step 1.
4. Copy the gamedata\mininstall\res1hi.gob
file to the resource folder created in step 3.
5. From the second CD, copy all files from the video folder (in gamedata\resource
folder) to the resource folder created in step 3.
6. Verify that all the files copied from CD do not have the Read-only
attribute set. To verify: select all the files in each folder, right-click on them, select Properties
, and make sure the Read-only
checkbox is clear (i.e. white with no checkmark).
Now, you can run jk.exe
directly, or setup a shortcut that can be placed on the Start menu or a taskbar toolbar.
NOTE: Any registry settings needed by JK are created when JK is run, except for the lobby launching registry settings; those can be created by using the DirectPlay Registry Key for Jedi Knight
To make managing mods and finding multiplayer games online easier, check out JKLauncher.