Thread: [Fic] Renewal
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 12:43 AM   #39
Kado Sunrider

Current Game: KotOR, again.
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Chapter 9

The image of Jaina swam to the murky forefront of my sleeping mind.

Ghel...

She seemed to be in intense concentration, focusing on something far away.

Come back, my love...

I awoke slowly, lingering on the edges of reality, wishing, hoping with all my heart to slip back into that wonderful abyss in which I could see my love once more. She was gone, and only in memory would I remember her. Our last conversation, in that small cell on the sith battle station, was one of love. She wished too die as lovers, and she did. But I persevered. A familiar darkness stole over my thoughts and I attempted to calm myself. My path has been laid before me. I have but one more stop to make before I begin my hunt.

The ship emerged from hyperspace on the edge of a small asteroid field on the very rim of the Hapes Cluster. I wound my way through the rocks, feeling for a darkness hidden in the debris. Suddenly, I felt it, and piloted the craft swiftly to an immense asteroid, and landed near the opening to a small cave. I exited the craft and headed down into the tunnels. I sped along the rocky floor, looking for the site of a terrible deed, the murder of Mara Jade Skywalker, and the birthplace of Darth Caedus.

I stood in the center of the room, feeling the dark powers surrounding me, and knelt down to meditate.

Ghel. I could feel a voice whispering in my head, yet it was somehow not inside me.

Open your eyes.

Something inexplicable told me to open my eyes. Standing before me was the shade of Jacen Solo, yet he did not look like he had when his body was brought back from the battle with Jaina. He seemed somehow happy, at peace.

"Jacen?" I asked.

He smiled.

Hello Ghel. Yes, I am Jacen, not Caedus. I have been returned to the light.

"But-" I began.

Jacen held up a hand.

My sister.

I hung my head in shame and sorrow.

"So," I said quietly, "You have come to exact revenge on me for your sisters death."

Ghel. She's alive.

I sat silently waiting for something terrible to swoop down and claim my life, and then suddenly, I understood his words.

"what?" I said in disbelief.

She lives. The Sith did not kill her, they sent her on a random hyperspace jump and she was stranded in deep space for days before finally managing to get a lock on her position and flying back to Shedu Maad.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

Do mynocks chew power cables? he said with a chuckle.

This more than anything, reassured me that this was Jacen, not Caedus. I remembered the feeling I had had of Jaina reaching out to me in my sleep and knew in my heart that what he said must be true.

Suddenly, the darkness fell away and a feeling of intense calm and peace set in. I looked up into Jacen's face.

"You have brought me back to the light, Jacen. I cannot repay you enough."

Actually, you can. Love my sister as I loved her. Let my parents know that I am sorry, but that this is the way it was meant to be. And lastly, tell Tenel Ka that she was my guiding light in the dark, and that she and Allana led me back.

"Of course." I said, feeling more happy than I had ever felt in my entire life.

May the Force be with you, Ghel.

"And you, Jacen."

The form faded, and I stood up, turned and left the cave. But not before looking back one last time for a glimpse of my savior. He was gone, and the darkness that had prevaded the cave had disappeared as well, replaced by a glowing calm.

I arrived back on my ship and set a course for Shedu Maad. After clearing the asteroid field I accelerated into lightspeed, headed for home.

Chapter 12 of Renewal released!

Chapter 2 of Heir to the Force released!
Kado Sunrider is offline   you may: quote & reply,