View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #168
koun
Rookie

I'm not done with all things I want to implement, but I think I have accumulated some changes big enough to release the 2nd test version of my MI-SE translation tool: http://www.load.to/46hZcrSeKB/misetran.jar

the update includes:
  • options for search and 2nd table (full or partial match, case sensitivity, ...)
  • ability to select multiple lines in main table and mark them as translated
  • ability to select multiple lines in 2nd table and copy the translation form the selected line of the main table into them
  • column widths are optimized on start up
  • empty lines are no longer shown (empty English text)

when you try the tool please let me know the following:
  • does it work at all? (what is your OS and Java version?)
  • how is the start-up time? [when using an already adapted speech.info]
  • how is the performance, do any actions hang or work slowly? (what are your CPU and other hardware specs?)
  • how good do you consider the usability? would you prefer any design changes?
  • what are your feature request for this tool or additional related tools?

upcoming features are: support for uiText.info, some statistics, clean-up for the release of the source code, some mini-tools to e.g. copy languages around so you can start with an other one than English as your basis (for improvements on existing translations or maybe for "fun"-translations...).
Having written this I notice I don't have any to-dos for the GUI itself, so please let me know if you have any ideas. Feedback from actual translators would be very helpful for me, as well as encouraging.
koun is offline   you may: quote & reply,