I'm not done with all things I want to implement, but I think I have accumulated some changes big enough to release the 2nd test version of my MI-SE translation tool: http://www.load.to/46hZcrSeKB/misetran.jar
the update includes:
- options for search and 2nd table (full or partial match, case sensitivity, ...)
- ability to select multiple lines in main table and mark them as translated
- ability to select multiple lines in 2nd table and copy the translation form the selected line of the main table into them
- column widths are optimized on start up
- empty lines are no longer shown (empty English text)
when you try the tool please let me know the following:
- does it work at all? (what is your OS and Java version?)
- how is the start-up time? [when using an already adapted speech.info]
- how is the performance, do any actions hang or work slowly? (what are your CPU and other hardware specs?)
- how good do you consider the usability? would you prefer any design changes?
- what are your feature request for this tool or additional related tools?
upcoming features are: support for uiText.info, some statistics, clean-up for the release of the source code, some mini-tools to e.g. copy languages around so you can start with an other one than English as your basis (for improvements on existing translations or maybe for "fun"-translations...).
Having written this I notice I don't have any to-dos for the GUI itself, so please let me know if you have any ideas. Feedback from actual translators would be very helpful for me, as well as encouraging.