View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 07:07 AM   #8
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
OTHER: Being a swordsman and meleeist IRL, I simply cannot relegate to just one variant.

"Execution of technique at its best is just simply an act and should be as though second nature if you have put the time in; like breathing should require little to no thought. The wielder should be as one with his own weapon. For every parry a riposte, and every riposte a parry; if we do this we shall not fail." Captain "Lysander Griffing" fencing master of SCA
You seemed to think this through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Mostly I'd rely interchangably upon my Twin-to-double with regular single action for when I needed a balance of force powers, after all I need to know how my opposite fights. I can go from practicality, to all out deadly as I please--if I must.

Plus these allow innovation and variation with maximum defense and deadliness with affinity for the force. For the most part, though, I am a Guardian type. I'd learn all 7 saber forms and the 3 main saber variants. Force forms, I'd go with Channel and Affinity.
That's one of the reasons that I selected double sabers instead of the single hilts; because they are much more versatile. In Jedi Academy, I have twin sabers, but often use only one for when I use Force attacks. When I used Force powers that augment my lightsaber fighting, I go all-out attack with both sabers.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,