View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #10
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Also, perhaps we should work on the moderator notes? They feel the same way. I saw one the other day that was huge and red and said only "Removed response to deleted post".

What's the point? I would understand if it's a mod warning, but...
That was intentional. The point is that the mod note boxes are supposed to be eye-catching and stand out so they aren't easily overlooked when browsing the threads.

The second reasoning behind them is accountability. If you see a mod-note you can be sure that it is written by the person whose name is listed in the top-right corner of the box. No one, neither the original poster nor other forum staff members, can alter the content of someone else's mod note. This is also intended to make it easier for newer members to know who to contact if they have any questions or comments regarding a moderator note (just click the name in the note and you get taken to the profile of the moderator).

That's the functionality requested by the people who wanted such a feature. How or if it is used is up to the individual moderators.

(That said, the design of the box is not set in stone and can fairly easily be tweaked. I didn't get any suggestions how it should look so I just put something together quickly.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho3nix View Post
I like 'em
Thanks.

mt
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,