View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 03:57 AM   #8
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PadawanGirl View Post
Video Card Name=ATI Radeon HD 3850

Okay....apparently there has been some video driver problems with this video card. I found a thread from tom's hardware forums that explains some of the driver issue's with this card. This may give you an idea as to what is going on with your system. So anyway click on this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/25...n-3850-warning

Some of the people who posted there a while back in July of 2008, were talking about the old drivers not being sufficent enough, and having to use something called Ati 8.6 Hotfix driver. They provided some links to this but, I clicked on one and got an error page and then I clicked another link and it brought up some kind of advertisment download which said nothing about the 8.6 Hotfix driver as far as I could see, kinda a fishy if you ask me. I really don't know anything about this, but if I were you I'd just google it to death just to find out about it, it could be what you need.

Also, I noticed some more links to other threads about other problems concerning this video card right above tecninja's post in that thread. You might click on those threads as well, there maybe some related problems that are similar to yours. (I haven't check them all.)

Another thing you could do is to simply google the words: ATI Radeon HD 3850 drivers and see what comes up. There could be some better drivers for it by now.

Oh, and don't forget LucasArts Tech Dept. I'll bet they've come across those problems concerning your particular video card one time or another. You should find the contact info in the troubleshooting guide that comes with the game.

Well I hope this helps you, if anything - it will at least get you started.

SITH HAPPENS

Last edited by purifier; 08-20-2009 at 04:09 AM.
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,