View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #456
jxxx22
Rookie

I've played and almost finished the entire mod (one sidequest remaining only). Here are my thoughts:

Show spoiler

Something i found to be very annoying are the alien speeches, since you can not understand what they say, you are limited with reading the subtitles, but some of the sentences have too many characters, some of them with even 4 or 5 lines, making it extremly hard if not impossible to read them with the limited amount of time of the speech. Perhaps in the next patch you could limit the number of characters per line.

Many of the new modules need some polish. Some of them have dissapearing textures, the character won't be able to move during combat or afterwards, and i got stuck in many areas or "teleported" and stuck in the air.

The bosses in Solomon's Revenge are overpowered and make the fight not so epic nor enjoyable, because all you will do is spam something on them to avoid getting killed, i enjoyed the bosses fights in The Brotherhood of Shadow way more than i enjoyed those from Solomon's Revenge, in fact, i was full of frustation in those fights and the bug i cited above where your character gets stuck in those modules made the fights even harder and frustating.
Now, i do enjoy a challenge but, making the enemy boss with greater stats while playing a time-based combat game in my humble opinion is cheap, i should enjoy way more if instead of giving them powers like statis to spam and overpowered damage values, you give them a greater will, reflex and fortitude, the fight will last longer and itwill be more enjoyable.
Also some of these fights you can't pause in the beggining to set your strategy and commands more quickly, making it even harder.

Show spoiler

Despites it's problems, i found your work amazing, both story wise and how you managed to reskin some of the modules, put some of the items co-existing with the current story, and the voice acting. In my humble opinion this mod was a masterpiece and well thought. I can't help but wonder what should've happened if you had access to more resources, such as the source code of the game.
I'll be recommending your mod to my friends, and it's definitely going to be installed if i ever plan to do another playthrough.

Last edited by jxxx22; 08-21-2009 at 09:07 PM.
jxxx22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,